Minni confessed to her part to Rifat murder, claims Barguna SP

Barguna, July 18 – Aysha Siddika Minni has confessed to her involvement in the killing of her husband Rifat Sharif, claimed Superintendent of Police (SP) of the district Md Maruf Hossain on Thursday.“Interrogation of Minni is going on in remand. She has provided important information. She confessed to police that she was involved in masterminding the murder,” he said while addressing a press briefing at his office at noon.
Minni who was arrested on Tuesday night over the gruesome murder of Rifat Sharif was put on a five-day remand on Wednesday.
Quoting Minni, the SP said the incident took place after Rifat took away a cellphone of one of his friends.
The victim sought prime accused Nayon Bond’s help to get back his mobile phone and Nayon Bond approached Minni to this end. Minni managed to return the cellphone, he said.
However, this led to an altercation between the couple and Rifat beat Minni at one stage.
As Nayon Bond and Rifat Farazi came to know about the incident, they planned to teach Rifat a lesson although they had no intention to kill him, the SP said, adding that Minni was aware of the plan.
Meanwhile, investigation officer of the case and Inspector of Barguna Police Station Md Humayun Kabir said Minni previously married Nayon Bond and later she married Rifat without her divorce with Nayon.
After her second marriage, she was in regular tough with her first husband Nayon, he said, adding that Minni contacted the accused before and after the murder.
On the fateful day, Rifat wanted to leave the college campus but Minni tactfully stopped him as the accomplices of Nayon Bond were yet to come to the spot, the IO said. “She also played an indifferent role while the criminals were taking away Rifat.”
Rifat Sharif, 22, was attacked with sharp weapons near the main gate of Barguna Govt College on June 26. His wife Aysha Siddika Minni appeared to be trying to protect him during the attack that was caught on surveillance camera.
Meanwhile, police on Thursday announced the arrest of Rishan Farazi, another suspect in the case.
However, they did not disclose details of the arrest.
Nayon Bond was killed in a reported gunfight with law enforcers on July 2.
Eleven accused have so far confessed their involvement to the murder while four others were currently on remand. – UNB