Two jute godowns three business cerntres gutted in Magura fire

Magura, Mar 21 – At least five godowns and business centres in Mohammadpur upazila headquarters were gutted in a fire early Tuesday. These included two jute godowns and three businessestablishments.UNB reported: Maniruzzaman, an officer at Magura Fire Service, said the fire broke out in one of the godowns from an electric short-circuit at the dead of night and it soon engulfed the adjoining another, burning down huge stored jute.
Another report said, the fire originated from electric short-circuit at a laundry in the market and spread in different business centers and jute godowns.
Receiving information the fire service team from Magura sadar fire station rushed to the spot and brought the fire under control after three hours struggle.
Station Officer of Magura Fire Station Moniruzzaman said they are working to find out the extent of damage caused by the fire. – GreenWatch News Desk