3 of a family electrocuted in Lalmonirhat

Lalmonirhat  – Three members of a family died from electrocution at Uttar Dal village in Kaliganj upazila of the district on Saturday morning.The deceased were identified as Parul Begum, 35, wife of Adbul Gafur, her son Rana, 10, and daughter Ritu, 4, residents of the village.Quoting locals, police said Rana went to catch fish in a canal adjacent to their house in the morning where a snapped live electric wire fell.Rana was electrified when he went to the canal and died on the spot.Noticing his plight, Parul went to the canal with her four-year-old girl Ritu on the lap only to be electrocuted.A pall of gloom descended on the area after the incident. (UNB)