Fire at Dhaka’s Baridhara, Shantinagar residential buildings doused

Dhaka, Apr 4 – Two incidents of fire were reported at two residential buildings in Capital Dhaka on Thursday evening and Friday Morning. In the first incident at Shantinagar the fire originated from a kitchen and in the second ar Baridhara electric short circuit reportedly caused the fire, UNB news agency reported
A fire broke out at a multi-storey residential building in the capital’s Shantinagar area on Thursday night.
The fire originated from the kitchen of a flat on the fifth floor of the nine-storey building at Pirshaheber Goli around 8:45pm, said Russel Shikder, duty officer at the Fire Service and Civil Defence Central Control Room.
On information, four firefighting units rushed in and brought the fire under control around 9:10pm, he said.
In another incident, fire broke out at a building in the city’s Baridhara area on Friday.
Russel Shikdar, duty officer of Fire Service and Defence control room, said the fire originated form electric short circuit around 7:27 am at staircases of the building at Suhrawardi Avenue.
On information, two firefighting units went to the spot and extinguished the blaze. – UNB