Properties worth Tk 2 cr gutted in Barisal

A devastating fire damaged properties more than Tk. 2 cores burning four electrical equipment shops and one medicine shop on Wednesday afternoon at commercial Katpatty Road area in city center.Witnesses , fire service and shop owners sources said Venus , Chan, Limon and Bismillah electrical equipment shops and New Medicine Mart were damaged by fire started from 4:45 pm.
The fire instigated from short circuit at Chan Electric and rapidly spread surrounding areas.
Fire service men with the help of local people extinguished the flame after 6:00 pm.
Md. Farid, owner of Chan Electric , said he sustained losses worth Tk 80 lakhs. Other shop owners claimed damages more than  Tk 1.2 crore.
Fire service senior station officer Faruk Hossain Shikdar said causes and damages of fire could be ascertained after investigation.
Lawmakers, BCC Mayor and commissioner candidates, socio-political-businesses community leaders visited the spot to
express their sympathy and solidarity with the affected businessmen.
(Our Correspondent)

Leave a Reply