Three persons of a family sustained burn injuries in a fire that broke out at their residence in the capital in the early hours of Saturday.
70 houses, school gutted in Bandarban fire
At least 70 houses, a primary school and three shops were gutted in a fire which broke out at Talukdarpara in Roangchhari upazila of Bandarban district early Tuesday.
Fire breaks out in Sundarbans again
A fire broke out again near Daser Bharani under Sharankhola Range of the Sundarbans East Forest Division on Wednesday, a day after another fire raged through the area on Tuesday .
Sundarbans fire finally under control; probe body formed
The fire, which had raged through Daser Bharani under Sharankhola Range of the Sundarbans East Forest Division for nearly 24 hours since Monday morning, was finally brought under control on Wednesday.
Sundarbans fire proving difficult to put out
A fierce fire broke out at Daser Bharani under Sharankhola Range of the Sundarbans East Forest Division on Monday morning.
Armanitola chemical warehouse fire: Death toll climbs to six
The death toll from the massive fire that broke out at a building in the Armanitola area of Old Dhaka in the early hours of April 23, climbed to six as another victim succumbed to injuries on Wednesday night.
2 die as oil tanker catches fire at Chattogram port
At least two persons were charred to death and more than three others sustained burn injuries in a fire that broke out at an oil tanker on the Karnafuli river at Chattogram port on Thursday, officials said.
4 killed, 35 injured in Armanitola building fire
At least four people were killed and 35 others sustained burn injuries after a massive fire broke out at a building in the Armanitola area of Old Dhaka in the early hours of Friday.
11 burnt in Narayanganj gas leak explosion
At least 11 people, including a three-month-old, have sustained burn injuries following a gas leak explosion at a building in Narayanganj’s Fatullah.
Fire breaks out at Uttara slum in Dhaka City
A fire broke out at a slum in the city’s Ranavola area of Uttara sector-10 on Wednesday .
10 shops burnt in Gaibandha market fire
At least 10 shops were gutted in a fire that broke out at Old Bazar in Gaibandha district town in the early hours of Tuesday, officials said.
3 Rohingyas killed in Ukhiya fire
Cox’s Bazar, Apr 2 : At least three Rohingyas were killed Friday as a fire – the second in less than two weeks – broke out in the makeshift Kutupalong Bazar near a Rohingya camp in Cox’s Bazar.
Fire guts valuables in Feni plastic factory
Feni, Mar 30: A fire gutted valuables in a plastic factory on Takiya road of Feni district town on Tuesday.
After the Fire: Rebuilding Rohingya Camp Race Against Time
By IPS Correspondent DHAKA, Mar 24 2021 (IPS) – The building that was once the largest health centre in the Kutupalong refugee camp, serving some 55,000 Rohingya refugees 24/7, is now a burnt, distorted shell after a massive fire spread…
Rohingya camp fire: Death toll climbs to 11
The bodies of 11 people, including that of three women and two children, were retrieved from the debris after a fire swept through the Balukhali Rohingya camp in Ukhiya Upazila of Cox’s Bazar district on Monday.
Fire caused ‘enormous devastation’ at Rohingya camps: UNICEF
UNICEF has expressed its deepest sympathy to the Rohingyas affected by Monday’s fire in the Rohingya camps in Cox’s Bazar.
Immediate Assistance Must as Fire Devastates Rohingya Camp
Refugees International is deeply saddened by the devastating fire that has destroyed a large part of the Rohingya refugee camps in Bangladesh.
Man ‘self immolates’ to avert arrest
A man died after setting himself on fire at the remote Gotiar village river island to escape arrest on Wednesday afternoon, police said.
3 patients killed in Dhaka Medical College Hospital fire
At least three patients were killed in a massive fire that broke out at the intensive care unit (ICU) of Dhaka Medical College Hospital on Wednesday morning.
Worker dies in Bogura factory fire
A worker was charred to death in a fire that broke out at a mosquito coil factory at Shikarpur in Sadar Upazila early on Saturday morning.
5 of a family hurt in Narayanganj residential flat fire
Five members of a family including a child suffered burn injuries in a fire in the Fatullah area of Narayanganj early Tuesday.
Woman, two daughters injured in Feni residential fire
A woman and her two daughters suffered burn injuries in a fire that broke out following an explosion at a residential building on Shaheed Shahidullah Kaisar Road in the district town on Friday night, police said.
Mother-daughter charred to death in Comilla house fire
A 35-year-old woman and her daughter were charred to death in a fire that broke out at their house in Bhelanagar village of Cumilla district’s Daudkandi Upazila on Tuesday night.
Massive fire at Gazipur chemical factory
Gazipur, Feb 11 (UNB): A massive fire broke out at a chemical factory in Gazipur’s Sreepur Upazila on Thursday. Seven firefighting units are working to contain the blaze at Tepirbari village under Telihati union. The cause of the fire and…
Jessore jail fire burns 6 barrack houses
Jessore, Feb 5 – A fire broke out at the central jail of Jashore district on Thursday night. Though no casualties were reported, six houses in the prison barrack have been gutted, officials said.
Garment factory in Dhaka catches fire
Dhaka, Jan 24 – A fire broke out at a garment factory in the Dhaka’s Kamalapur area on Sunday morning.
435 houses burnt in Taknaf Rohingya camp fire: 20 hurt
Cox’s Bazar, Jan 14 – At least 435 houses were gutted in a fire at Nayapara Registered Rohingya Camp in Teknaf Upazila of Cox’s Bazar district early Thursday.
10 newborns die in hospital fire in India’s Maharashtra
MUMBAI, Jan. 9 (Xinhua/UNB) — Ten children died after a fire broke out at a special newborn care unit in India’s western state of Maharashtra in the wee hours of Saturday.
Fire at Narayanganj Partex Group particle board factory
Narayanganj, Jan 8 — A fire broke out at the particle board factory of Partex Group in Narayanganj port area on Friday night.
Chittagong slum fire burns shanties
Chittagong, Jan 4 -A fire at Jele Para slum adjacent to Beribadh under Chittagong EPZ police station has gutted some shanties.